Regardless of whether you want something simple or more ornate, these pallet dining table ideas have you covered!
Pallet dining tables are particularly popular because they're easy to make and pretty inexpensive too!
All it takes is a little time and patience, plus some basic DIY skills like cutting wood, screwing together slats, and adding a top coat of paint or varnish.
The possibilities are endless when you combine the natural beauty of wood with the low-cost durability that comes from using pallets. So go ahead - get creative with your next project by following these pallet dining table ideas.
Best DIY Pallet Dining Table Ideas
You can make a pallet dining table suitable to fit any number of people you need to accommodate at the table at big events!
We have found that these tables can be done in many styles, and along with the shape of the table – which can be hexagonal rather than square – you can work with patterns and colors.
The easier idea is probably keeping the rustic feel, but that’s not the sole option, you can make different-styled pallet dining tables too.
A colored tabletop, or a patterned one, for that matter, matched with regular wood-colored table legs can make a total difference in your dining room.
Can you make a dining table out of pallets?
Yes! Pallets make for a perfect-sized tabletop, and they're really easy to "upcycle" from their original use.
Pallet wood makes an excellent material for a DIY Pallet Dining Table because you can find it anywhere and it's already in the shape of what you need.
Pallets come with different patterns in their wood, so there are many options to choose from when building your table.
It is also one of the most affordable materials to work with. Pallet dining tables look great and are very easy to build - all you need is the right tools!
How to make a simple pallet dining table?
Pallet dining tables are a great way to show off your creativity and save on costs. Pallets come in different sizes so it's important to measure the space where you want to place the pallet before looking for pallets.
The simplest pallet dining table plan might be using the pallet, or multiple pallets, to create the tabletop and add the legs. This idea works amazingly with iron table legs, for instance.
Materials needed for a simple pallet dining table:
- Pallets - The number and the size of the pallets depend on the dining table you are planning to build;
- Electric saw - In case you need to cut the pallets to a different size;
- Nails - nails are better than screws because they don't break easily;
- Sandpaper - if you want to smooth the surface of the wooden planks and remove splinters;
- Paint - If you want to paint your pallet dining table on the desired color;
- Stain - In case you want to coat the pallet dining table;
Simple pallet dining table step-by-step:
- Measure your dining table size. Pallets come in different sizes so measure the area where you want to build your pallet dining table first;
- Make a rectangle shape with the pallets. Pallets are mostly different sizes and shapes so it's easier to make a rectangle-shaped table;
- Cut any excess wood not needed for your pallet dining table;
- Hammer nails into each end of the tabletop to make sure it is stable. Pallets are not usually straight and they will need some extra support;
- The legs can be made from pallets as well or metal frame legs.
- For a simple dining table you can nail two pallets on the vertical on each end of the pallet dining table;
- Now you have a fully functional pallet dining table;
- Sand your pallet dining table to remove any splinters and rough spots it may have;
- Paint or stain your pallet dining table;
Now you have all the parts for your pallet dining table. Install it in any place you like! Pallet dining tables are perfect for outdoor use but they can also be placed inside
Simple pallet kitchen table
A kitchen table made of pallet wood is an absolutely sturdy and durable furniture piece. Pallet wood is very resistant to natural elements, such as water and sunlight, so your table will last for a very long time.
A simple pallet kitchen table can be achieved with only 3 pallets. That’s all you need to make a unique, sturdy, and long-lasting kitchen table that will last for many years.
All you have to do is nail two pallets on the bottom of the third one and you have a small and simple pallet kitchen table.
The pallet projects aren’t all easy to do, but once you get the gist of it, soon you will find you can dismount pallets – old or new – and create something completely new and different from the original product.
Pallet furniture is not only functional but also beautiful! The DIY Pallet Dining Table Ideas we’ve provided will inspire creativity as well as guide beginners through some basic steps on how to create their own custom-made tables too!
With these DIY projects, it's easy to find something that suits your needs. From simple designs to more elaborate options, there's no shortage of ideas!